Thursday, March 29, 2007

My New World

I’ve just completed a complete renovation of my communication and media life (except for getting an HD flat screen that I can't make myself buy because I have two perfectly good, but now obsolete, TV's).

Being the born negotiator that I am, I’m especially pleased to have upgraded most things with about a twenty percent reduction in cost.

The biggest cost reduction was getting rid of the home phone line that I haven’t made a call on in years. Its sole purpose was to make a nightly call to DirecTv to update the pay per view menu. As I never bought pay per view, I was wasting money.

I also found out that Bellsouth has been ripping me off for a few years now on my business phone service. Finding the right person to talk to reduced the monthly bill by about forty percent.

I plowed my savings into broadband wireless Internet, which it turns out is faster than my office DSL and of course is completely portable. A word of caution if you are considering wireless, make sure you get a G3 connection. It is what gets you the DSL like speed.

Since Bellsouth wouldn’t let me use its Email domain on Cingular without paying it for dial up every month, I got a business and personal domain for a ridiculously low yearly price and will dump the dial up in a couple of months when I’ve gotten everyone using the new addresses.


There is one thing left that I could get, but I vow I will never get, one of those Bluetooth ear buds. Looks dumb. And if I got one, I’d have to go out and buy a complete new black on black wardrobe or go hip hop, getting a pair of sunglasses to wear indoors with a chain or three. Then I’d have to change the blog – Rather Than Working by DMC, no that’s taken, DaveMC. Peace Out.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Dave... your really going a technological binge. I just hope you don't overdose.

I shared your post - I hope that's alright?

Dave said...

Share away. Remember, they get what they pay for.

fermicat said...

I agree with you on the bluetooth ear buds. Completely ridiculous.