Saturday, May 26, 2007

Help Needed, Two Problems

Despite Fermi's help, I still suck at doing html in a post.

Two recent technical problems cry out for my very smart readers' expertise.

Lately, for some reason, Blogger sends me some, but only some updates to my blog. Usually, if I post something, it sends me an Email of what I've posted. On rare occasions, it sends me an Email when someone comments on a post. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone has commented on an older post lately and I haven't responded, it is probably because, I'm only going to the site and checking comments for the past few posts, or I was just 'dissing you, one or the other.

Second. Is there a way to export my blog favorites list into Google Reader or some other RSS service? I'm way too lazy, having manually put three or four blogs into Google Reader, to do more until there is an assembly line way to do it.

Thanks, men and women, my hope is that I have no boys or girls reading the stuff I write. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

6 comments:

fermicat said...

I use Bloglines to monitor my favorite blogs for new posts, but there are lots of them out there to choose from.

Blogger is pretty good at emailing me when people leave comments. Occasionally one slips by without it.

fermicat said...

Oh, as for your other question about html and links, there is some good info specifically about linking here and also some basics about html in general here. Commands are in brackets and the text between the brackets is what is acted on by the command. Those two pages give lots of examples.

Alternately, you can click on the "compose" tab, instead of "edit html" when you create a new post and it allows you to format and add links and other things without knowing the html codes.

Dave said...

Thanks Fermi.

fermicat said...

I should learn to read the questions more carefully. On second look, I see that you are looking for a quick way to subscribe to the feeds. Some folks have a "subscribe with X" button on their main page somewhere. I have one in my sidebar.

I know there is a way to import your blogroll into some news aggregators, but I haven't used that option. I add sites to Bloglines manually when I find one I want to keep track of. If they don't have a Bloglines button, I copy over the URL.

Debo Blue said...

So you were DISSING me?

You have a lot of nerve, Dave. You're a..., you're as bad as..., I'll think of something and come back.

Umph!

Dave said...

Debo,

Sometimes a commetn is so perfect it just has to stand on its own. Besides, you've been living on the wild side in Vegas this weekend, haven't you.