Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Apple Apology

The Apple tech guy came to the office this morning with the innards of the computer, ready to swap them out. As it turns out, that wasn’t necessary as the drive that was buzzing was the non-Apple external drive I backup to. In my defense, it sat right next to the Apple computer and I swear it was the Apple that buzzed. Sorry. (An aside, the 800 number Apple guy, Tony, had told me they don't do onsite service of Mac minis because the techs don't have the tools to open them. The tool? A wide blade putty spreader. One pop and the bottom of the computer was open.)

I have a new Western Digital external drive that is backing up the Mac as I type. Both drives are nice and quiet. Why do advertised gigs exceed actual gigs? The new drive says 500 on the box and the drive itself says it has “465 gigs available.”

No comments: