Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting Something Stuck in Your Head

I got up this morning at five and was in the car a half hour later, picked up some coffee, and was at my friend the cop's place early, five minutes before six.

"Why are you here? It's tomorrow."

I'd agreed a week or so ago to pick him up and take him to the hospital to get his ACL (MC?L) repaired and then pick him up afterword.

We'd talked about the day back then, I'd mentioned Wednesday and he corrected me, Thursday. I guess I just ignored it.

The alarm is already set for tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Hedy said...

Tell him best wishes on the surgery and stay with the physical therapy...it's four years later for me and no pain/stronger than ever.

Jenn said...

best wishes on the surgery and hey, at least you showed up...

Dave said...

Mission accomplished. He's being prepped and I'm in my office. It's very quiet here this time of day.

J said...

Dave - give him my best and hope for a speedy recovery as well.