Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How to Spend a Really Boring Couple of Hours:

Go to the annual Atlanta Bar Association Awards Luncheon.

I applauded each time I heard applause. I’m sure the recipients of the awards were worthy, for just what, I’m not at all sure.

I did see a fellow lawyer I hadn’t seen in awhile and enjoyed a conversation.

Finally, Google Navigator: if you turn from 12th Street onto Piedmont, you don’t make a left turn after 600 yards to get to the Piedmont Driving Club of which I’m not a habitue. Rather you go over into the far right hand lane, drive about a hundred yards and pull into the fancy pillared, gated driveway where the nice police officers are blocking traffic (something I learned in my third loop of a few blocks in Midtown Atlanta).

Finally, finally, the iced tea was pretty good, the seafood crepes, not so much.

2 comments:

Debo Blue said...

You had great iced tea and met an old acquaintance. You could have been standing in line at the DMV or waiting for a pedicure.

Dave said...

Debo, I think there's a sign at the door of our DMV offices that says no shirt, no shoes, no food or drink. But I could be wrong.