Thursday, September 09, 2010

It was the eleventh of september

I don't do much in the way of reposting; but, this time of year I do.  I was in Newark on September 11,  2001 and for the next several days as it turned out.  For the link to my last re-post linking to the original posts (I'm lazy) go here.

9/11 is kind of interesting this year what with mosques, Becks, Palins, an Imam and a bozo, con-man preacher all aided and abetted by most of our politicians.

I recall one of the pieces I read, early on after the attacks, by Leonard Pitts that moved me.  He talked for us to the bad guys.  I've thought several times since then that as eloquent as he was, he was so wrong, or was he?

If you're short on time, skip the link to my stuff and Google "Leonard Pitts 9/11" and think about what he said and where (especially given how Iraq and Afghanistan are turning out, coupled with recent craziness) we are.

No comments: