Friday, September 16, 2011

It appears some of you still kinda like me

I haven't looked at Sitemeter in months, many months.  Whatever a Visit and a Page View are, they've been trending down for about a year.  But, it seems there are still a few hundred wayward souls a month coming past and a few more hundred clicking beyond the main page.

Kind of amazing given that my output and the quality of said output has declined this year.

I'm not sure what it says about you or me; but, the blog had a bit over 90 page views when I re-posted the 9/11 stuff on September 10 this year.

I've had a busy working year and a year that I've just not had the spark to write much.  Some of that lack of writing energy is the result of Facebook and now, to a small, very small extent, Google+.  It's so much easier to dash off a few sentences or even easier to link something with, I hope, a pithy or funny sentence.  (Evad Knat on both - nothing to hide - it's the same me).

And, hah!  I just realized that Rather Than Working started towards the end of this month, five years ago in 2006.

Happy Anniversary to me!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I guess Dave that I'm one of those "hanger on" people. If I miss an actual post on Facebook then I know I'll pick it up on my Reader so I do keep au courant with your stuff. Sometimes, I think that you have mellowed out a tad since I first started following you but every now and again, you pop up with something that has the old zing to it. Like you, I rarely check my sitemeter these days as to be honest, I don't think it gives an accurate accounting of the traffic anyway. Sometimes I just check to do something other than watching paint dry, so you know how exciting those check ins are then, don't you? Oh and I started my blog five years ago too -also around the end of September!

Dave said...

Thanks for hanging with me Jeni.

fermicat said...

I'm still one of your peeps. But not responsible for many of your page views most likely. I definitely see you often on FB and G+.

Dave said...

Fermi, you are the first person that has ever called me a peep. I'm honored.

fermicat said...

I think I called myself a peep. But if it makes you happy, I can call you a peep as well. PEEP!

Dave said...

See I'm not sure on the nomenclature - I thought peeps had peeps - to be one is to know one and all that.

Jim Donahue said...

Happy blogoversary.