Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Totally Wasted Day

So far anyway. And, so far, quite enjoyable.

I've accomplished:

1. Ablutions.

2. Tuning to 91.9 (jazz).

3. Making and drinking coffee.

4. Reading the Atlanta Journal Constitution, without the benefit of the last three sections which were missing, though I don't usually read them anyway (Travel, Style and something else I don't remember.

5. Enjoying an article in the AJC about Arthur Blank, owner of the Falcons and victim of Michael Vick, that was really well written.

6. Reading The New York Times. Check out an opinion piece on the controversy over the Second Amendment. An interesting take on it. Oh, and an article on the Administration's push to give phone companies immunity from suits for participating in the NSA's various wiretapping programs.

7. Reading Living Next Door to Alice (see sidebar) among other blogs. Stolen from Thomas: "Bush: We don't torture. Pelosi: Then let's make it a law! Bush: Ah...no."

8. Casting about for something to write a post about, failing and writing this instead.

It's 11:30 a.m. Eight accomplished action items for a wasted day that's only a third gone. A great start.

6 comments:

SonjaB said...

Your farther ahead than me. It's 3:30pm and I've read the paper, watched TV and napped.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

What style of Jazz? We have a Jazz station here in Philly that plays elevator music and calls it jazz. And another station that splits between classical and jazz, but this is real jazz.

What's real jazz? Think Thelonious Monk, Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc. And absolutely NO Kenny G.

Jeni said...

Seems that talking about a day kind of frittered away by some folks' standards is the norm today! I slept most of the day and don't regret a minute of that time either!

Anonymous said...

Talk about a wasted day - we had no power from 4:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. I couldn't even read the paper without going outside and it was to windy for that.

Dave said...

Sonja, I hope you called your Mom and read out loud to her.

As to too windy, the high hear today was under 40 degrees, though it was kind of OK, brisk, holidayish.

fermicat said...

I barely opened the paper today. I read the very nice article on Tech's new head coach Paul Johnson (which I knew was coming in advance). I didn't get much farther before I needed to get going (had to go to Best Buy for cell phone accessories and then go see Big Daddy). Got back and tried all the stuff out. Still need a damn adapter. Sigh.