Saturday, December 20, 2008

Don't Read This Unless You Love Golf

Now that those people are off to something else, this morning started a bit rocky as I had the guys over for poker last night, which ended later this morning than it should have.

Then there was the mist alternating with light rain bands. Coffee fortified me for the drive to my missed pastime.

You may recall that I broke my toe at the end of October. I hadn’t been able to play for a couple of weeks before that. So, this morning, it had been nine weeks since I’d teed up a ball.

I can still “feel” the toe now and again and I made the mistake early in the round of compensating in my swing so as to not stress the toe. This led to a lot of, let’s say, less than perfectly straight tee shots for the first few holes. Then I decided the toe either worked or it didn’t and swung like I’m supposed to. I felt it a few times; but, it didn’t fall off.

I didn’t play really well, a lot of rust getting in the way of good scores. And the weather didn’t make for a picture postcard day (though my new rain shirt worked nicely). And, I’m sore.

An all-together lovely day.

1 comment:

Life Hiker said...

I read it. Therefore, I love golf.

I also envy those who can play it in the winter. Enjoy, Dave!

It was great for me to meet Ron, and the lovely Sandi, in San Diego. What would be even more fun would be for you, ThomasLB, and other kindred spirits to meet somewhere. Could world peace ensue?