Monday, February 09, 2009

They Are Teaching Children

I was watching a recording of a PBS special honoring George Carlin that aired last night. When it ended the TV was on PBS, which is now airing the Atlanta School Board meeting.

The first time I heard it, I thought I just wasn’t paying attention. Then I heard it again, from the Board Chairperson. “It has been motioned, is there a second?”

Then I watched. The esteemed chairperson is Ms. Butler Burks.

Improper verbs from nouns again (see my post from a few days ago). And again, from an “educator.” "There is a motion, do I hear a second." "It has been moved that..., do I hear a second."

I have heard the enemy and it is people teaching kids.

1 comment:

fermicat said...

PDM would agree with you. He is constantly amazed at what his college kids DON'T know. It is really not good.