Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Pair of Words I Don't Like

"Wifey's gonna kill me getting home this late!" I don't hear it often; but, its seems to come from the mouths of twenty and thirty something guys in bars and at ballgames. Or, "nah, I can't go, Wifey's mother is coming over - jeez!" It may be that you have to have consumed alcohol to be able to use the word. Objectification?

"Hubby and the kiddos loved this recipe. And you really can substitute ketchup for the crushed San Marzano tomatoes!" The only place I see hubby is on internet recipe websites. I don't think I've ever heard the word said. Again, objectification?

Is it safe to assume these people are married to each other?

1 comment:

Hedy said...

Horrible words, both of them! I'd be curious to know the divorce stats on people who use those words to refer to their spouses. I bet it's higher than average.