Thursday, March 18, 2010

For those of you that don't read the comments: more Beck!

I’m on a Glenn Beck jag. J and I have been going back and forth on his, and his fans’, sanity this week.

I tender into evidence the following (Curmudgeon, I know I haven’t authenticated it, it’s from HuffingtonPost.com):

"They intend to vote [on the health care bill] on the Sabbath, during Lent, to take away the liberty that we have right from God," King said.

"Faith has been perverted," Beck responded, then repeated. "They are going to vote for this damn thing on a Sunday, which is the Sabbath, during Lent."
Beck continued:

"Here is a group of people that have so perverted our faith and our hope and our charity, that is a -- this is an affront to God."

Though Beck conceded that he didn't believe that the Sunday vote was consciously chosen as a plot against God, he did find the timing apt.

"I think it's absolutely appropriate that these people are trying to put the nail in the coffin on our country on a Sunday -- something our founders would have never, ever, ever done. Out of respect for God."

Oh No! The Framers are turning over in their graves, Deists though they were. And, God’s a Republican! My thinking is He’s independent, perhaps not even registered to vote.

6 comments:

J said...

Beck has gone completely mad bringing God into the discussion let alone a Christian view of the Sunday Sabbath. After all a clear majority of Americans do not consider themselves Christian (at least not according to Obama)

More proof that he is a madman that must be silenced. Dangerous rhetoric such as this can only lead to a total meltdown of our society!

Dave said...

We agree! (insert one of those internet smiley things)

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

"Here is a group of people that have so perverted our faith and our hope and our charity, that is a -- this is an affront to God."

Having recently read Angela's Ashes, I'm not thoroughly convinced that relying on charity for healthcare is the best way to go.

Jeni said...

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment of God's political leanings. I'd say He's an Independent, yes and a very free-spirited one at that too!

fermicat said...

I think God would want people to get the healthcare they need. My evidence? Jesus did spent some time healing the sick.

fermicat said...

Ack. Should read spend, not spent. Sorry.