Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm willing to go along with the GOP; but, ...

since they say they want to extend unemployment benefits but won't do so because it increases the deficit by thirty or so billion bucks, what other spending are they saying they want to cut?  I can't find any proposals they have.

There's a news piece on the Internet where a reporter keeps pressing a GOP guy to specifically identify what programs the Republicans would cut so as to not raise taxes.  The Republican dissembled for awhile and then repeated his talking points.  Nothing specific.  The reporter went to another Republican with the same question - nothing in response.

I agree with the GOP in general; but, I can't cut other spending.  (There's tens of billions spent in Iraq and Afghanistan that I'd cut really quick if I could.)

So GOP, you don't want to raise taxes, I don't either.  You don't want to add to the deficit.  I'm with you.  What are we going to cut?  A nice list with bullet points would be nice.  Thanks.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

And that is the major problem with the GOP right now. It is easy to saddle them with the moniker 'the party of no' because there is another dimesion to their 'no'.

No solutions.