Friday, February 29, 2008

A Couple of Bitches

As I type it's just before 9:00 p.m. on Friday night, Leap Day, 2008.

I'm unhappy about two things, both quite small in the world of unhappy, but irritating nontheless.

First, the flat screen is being delivered tomorrow, so today I hauled in the ridiculously heavy box containing the TV stand that I bought, it weighs more than the TV. I laid it all out. The instruction sheet says that it contains 6 1 1/4" bolts. Nope. So I called the 800 number. A person answered! A nice young woman. I explained my problem. She pleasantly said they would ship and deliver within 7 to 10 days. When I noted that the TV would be delivered in the morning, she said I could go and buy the bolts and call her and they would reimburse me. I thanked her and said that I appreciated the offer; but, that getting back the buck fifty or so for the bolts wasn't worth the effort. She understood and told me she was sorry.

So, I have to get up first thing, make sure the cell phone is on so as to get the call, if it comes, from the store telling me that they are on the way, and run to Brookhaven Hardware, the home of absolutely everything you need for whatever it is you want to do, and run back home and put together the stupid table so they can put the TV on it. Just my luck, I'll be the first delivery.

Second and finally. Do not order a Papa Johns "The Meats" wheat special pizza. I sucks big time. I choked down two slices. I'm not sure that it was the wheat crust or the fact that it barely qualified as "warm." I'm about to publish this and see what's in the frig to eat - it was that bad.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I dunno why Dave but somehow, to my taste buds anyway, wheat crust and pizza just don't sound like a "go-together" combo.

molly gras said...

Bummer man. I sincerely hope that today your table is up and the flat screen is running and life is much, much better.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

When I first read the title of your post, I thought you might have been reporting on a bad luck streak on the dating scene. Given the alternatives, I know that there will be other pizzas and the new tv will make it all better for 3-5 hours a day.

What kind of tv did you settle on?

Dave said...

Things are much better here today. The terrible pizza is in the dumpster. I was at the hardware store when it opened, bought my bolts, built my stand. The TV is on the stand attached to the satellite working wonderfully. I'm on to an HD orgy.

That girl said...

Well, it's nice to see you rant some time Dave. I thought you never got mad at anything?

Glad to hear all is well with your new TV. A picture or two would be nice too :-)

PS- don't get too into your HD orgy and forget to blog now!

dr sardonicus said...

I'm also disappointed. I thought you might have some commentary on rap music, or perhaps you were posting on Ann Coulter and Ann Coulter.

Unknown said...

Hi to all.I have gone through your web and i felt it very useful.Now a days small kids are started to drinking alcohol.But it creates a big problems in their future.So beware of drinking alcohol and addiction to drugs .So this website having some guidelines to come out from addiction.So make the good use of it and help others.
-------------------------
paddy
Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.
http://www.alcoholabusecenter.com