Friday, May 16, 2008

Help Wanted

I have Vista on both of my computers. XP’s mouse function moved to where you pointed it and didn’t do anything until you clicked. Vista, not always but too often moves up or down in a drop down box when I don’t want it to.

Let me try to explain it better. Say I want to surf my Favorites. I’m at Hedy’s place and have finished with her brilliance. I click the Favorites icon and start to scroll down to the next place I want to visit. Vista moves of its own volition past, say Pos, and down to Thomas.

Does that help? Any ideas?

4 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

How 'bout, "Vista Sucks"?

I still have XP, but nobody I know who has Vista has much good to say about it.

Hedy said...

Thank you, Dave. You are way too kind, especially since today I was live-blogging my garage sale, of all things. But thanks. I have no solution for your Vista issue but strongly encourage you to at least look at a Mac. They're just good.

Keith said...

I have to agree with dr s

Vista Sucks!

Anonymous said...

Hedy is dead right Dave. Macs are light years ahead of any windows products. Once you get past the 1st week of figuring out the quirks, you'll be mad you didnt switch years ago.