Saturday, May 31, 2008

Since There's A Michigan Connection

I seems that there are people that read the blog that live in Michigan or did, so here’s a stream of consciousness ode to the hand state:

US 24: Telegraph Road.

Southfield Road (later a freeway).

Briggs Stadium.

Joe Lewis Arena (?).

Greektown.

Lafayette and American Coney Island restaurants (Onassis don’t get it).

Big Boy: hot fudge something or other desserts.

I-94: perpetually under reconstruction since man built roads.

Salt.

Rust.

Frankenmuth: Christmas decorations and more importantly all you can eatfamily style chicken dinners at Zenders and the other place.

Interlachen, a beautiful, musical place in the woods.

Joe Muirs, not to be confused with its later incarnations: steamed mussels, clams, clarified butter, bread, butter and creamed spinach before creamed spinach was cool.

The Tulip Festival in Holland

The cool place somewhere off of I-94 where everything was off balance (near Irish Hills): the ground looked level; but you were walking up hill (the Mystery Spot, I think).

M-22 in the Fall on the Lelenau Peninsula. One of the most beautiful places on earth.

Downtown Ann Arbor near the U of M campus where I was driving years ago and almost ran into a building when I stared too long at the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen, who was jogging slowly in running shorts and a white, sweaty tank top. (A confession, she was a strawberry blonde with amazing freckles. That may be objectification, so be it.) (For those of you that have been around for awhile, think of Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool, with a wet T-shirt and the strawberry thing going on. Am I getting any criticism for almost running into a building?) (Sorry dilf, I’m sure such goddesses populate East Lansing, I just never saw them.)

Can’t top that, so I’ll quit now.

3 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

What color were her eyes?

Hedy said...

Interesting. The first Michigan thing that popped into my head: The "Are You On the Right Road?" sign featuring a large photo of Jesus and a giant cross on northbound I-75. Driving to Windsor because the drinking age was 18 over there. It's late and that's all I've got for now. Thanks for doing this one, Dave.

Moe Wanchuk said...

-Metro Beach
-Stony Creek
-The Giant Uniroyal Tire on I-94
-the Mackinac Bridge to da U.P......eh?
-The Post Bar in Detroit
-MICHIGAN STATE vs michigan football game
-the Windsor Tunnel
-Gold Trans Ams with the Bird on it
-Curb feelers
-Pot Holes that swallow cars
-the Clem

and Dave...I usually, almost crash the car, looking at hot chicks, because my wife smacked me in the head