Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Off To Dallas

I used to travel a lot and I always, not hated it; but, I endured it.

So tomorrow I'm visiting Dallas for the rest of the week. Meetings and depositions.

Though I'll probably do a post or two, if things are too busy, enjoy your week.

"Objection as to the form." "Objection, Leading." "The witness is instructed not to answer based on attorney client privilege." Just a little practice. They don't allow "speaking objections" in Texas, so I'll be very quiet during the one deposition that I'm defending. In two more, I get to ask the questions: much more fun.

And, finally, and not related to the title, this is post number 499 since September 2006. I figure round number celebration needs some shaking up. I thought about doing a Post 500 that said something interesting. I actually started going throught the comments to see who, and since when, my regular commenters were. I got really bored by April 2007. So in order of appearance up until that point, here you are:

Curmudgeon, Life Hiker, Hedy, Fermicat, Thomas, Ron Davison, Jeni, Kvatch, Jim Donahue, Becky, Ryan, Big Rick and a special thanks to Bob Johnson who has left us.

Thanks all.

Since then, in non-chronological order:

Pos, Molly, Debo, Emmapeel, Doc Sardonicus, Keith, Sonja, Sonja's Mom, Wendy, Chamblee, Gypsy, Minnesotablue, Exception, Dilf/Moe Wanchuk/undisclosed real person, Anon now Rich, various and sundry Anons over the years, BobCiz, Kathleen and Sudiegirl.

Thank you all.

Then those of you that read and don't comment, Tony M., Doug, Jay, Bill, Mac, Michael, Kalley (on the rare occasion), Lynn, and various family members.

Thanks.

I hope I can keep writing what will keep you coming back.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have BIG FUN in Dallas, Dave! I'm thinking of what I want you to bring me...hum... (snapping fingers) hotlinks and beef brisket!

Yummy!

Debo Blue

Wendy said...

Wow,
Congrats on your 500th and thanks for the shout out.

As far as the travel thing I can relate. I use to love, love, love the airport and the travel, but now not so much. I think it is due to I have a little one and would hate to leave him motherless due to a plane crash.

Hedy said...

Congratulations, Dave, and safe travels. Here's to 500 more.

Moe Wanchuk said...

I'll be here.......GUILTY!!!!!

I've been practicing yelling that. When I'm on a jury....as soon as the Judge taps his gavel to start the trial....I'm instantly standing up and yelling "GUILTY"

molly gras said...

Congrats on the prolific posting. You rock!! And while your in Dallas, be sure to find a really good steakhouse -- them there Texans LOVE their tasty beef!!

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Happy to be a part of your strange little world. Happy 500th.

Dave said...

Hello from Dallas. Contrary to your culinary suggestions, I've had, in order, a Wendy's single cheese combo with Barq's root beer, some very good (but breaded) baked sea bass with fancied up mashed potatoes and a sauteed mix of spinach and brussel sprouts, accompanied by a Modelo beer.

Is a hot link like a hot spot?

Minnesotablue said...

Happy 500! Keep on posting. I agree, have a big juicy steak in Texas

Anonymous said...

A hot link is a sausage that is "linked" together by the wrapping. (Think olden pictures of weiners in the delis.) It's either all pork meat or could be filled with other stuffs but they're generally grilled and covered w/barbeque sauce (smacking lips).
Debo Blue

Gypsy at Heart said...

Indeed, a great landmark posting moment. Personally, I like the odd rather than the even. You generate great interest and that is what makes me keep on coming back. And I'm with you on the travel - a necessary evil - at least, as pertains the getting somewhere part.

The Curmudgeon said...

Congratulations on the milestone.

I always tell witnesses that I'm producing that I want to do all my talking before the deposition and not during... but there have been times....

BTW, not that I'd ever do it, of course, a good way to get around the speaking objection problem is to goad counsel into asking for the basis of your objection. I mean, you're duty-bound to explain then aren't you?

I could do a book on dumb things I've seen at depositions. The only thing holding me back is that I've done some of them....

Keith said...

Congrats on your 500th post Dave. You are an excellent writer and I just plain love your posts. I'll definitely keep coming back. Have a safe trip.

Peace!

That girl said...

Howdy.

How's Dallas at this time of year? I bet it's pretty hot.

I haven't read you since 2006 but definitly since half way of 2007 I'd say....

Congratulations on your 500th!

That girl said...

By the way, my parents are on vacation in Atlanta as we speak. Is it weird that when they told me they'd be going all I could think of is you? LOL...hehe.

Ron Davison said...

500 is a big number. Congratulations. I've enjoyed stopping by and listening to you and have learned lots.
What to do for 500? Perhaps you could put out milk and cookies, like treats for Santa, and see which of the virtual crowd stop by to imbibe.

Sudiegirl said...

hang in there...i have over 1100 entries and it's hard to come up with topics somedays.