Friday, July 11, 2008

Unexplained Absence

I’m in Dallas and have been since Wednesday. I just finished my mediation mentioned in this space awhile back; and, wonder of all wonders, we settled our portion of the case at a reasonable, though not wonderful, number. It is said that a good settlement is one where both sides walk away unhappy. We did better than that.

So, the good news, I don’t have to stay through the weekend and take a deposition on Monday. The bad news, we didn’t finish early enough for me to make a getaway today; so, I’m ensconced in the Comfort Inn at Mockingbird and the Stemmons Freeway – feel free to drop by if you’re in the neighborhood – there’s nothing else to do.

The big choice is trying to find a good restaurant for tonight. There’s a Crowne Plaza next door as a fallback. I’m thinking Italian.

Regular programming will resume over the weekend or first of the week.

1 comment:

fermicat said...

Ugh, Dallas. Well, at least things were resolved in a somewhat acceptable manner.

I had the choice (at work) between going to a meeting in Houston in July (before my big test), or Boston in September (after my test). Didn't have to ponder that one for even a microsecond... even though I am going to have to miss a football game to do the Boston trip.