Monday, March 30, 2009

How I Spent the Weekend


I know it isn't a very good picture; but, the oysters were much, much better. I spent a long weekend in New Orleans with my friends the Atlanta cop and Bill the engineer (his first mention on the blog). Our shucker at Casemento's is the reigning three time shucker champ in Louisiana. This year he retired and will be a judge of the contest. Casemento's oysters are simply the best I've ever had.
Other food highlights: Mother's in the Central Business District and Muriel's in the French Quarter.
Too much food and not enough sleep; but, a great weekend.

6 comments:

Keith said...

Dave,

Sounds like a pretty damn good weekend to me.

SonjaB said...

Sounds like fun.

Debo Blue said...

You went to N'awlins and all we got was picture of an oyster shucker? Apparently you didn't have ENOUGH to drink with lame pictures like this:-)

Where are the pictures of you guys drinking too much? Passing out in hotel lobbies?

Jeni said...

That's what I call kicking a person already down! Gosh, it's been so many years since I had oysters on the half-shell, I can't even begin to think how long it's been! Well over three decades anyway! That's what happens when you move back to the boondocks of central Pennsylvania I guess. Something has to give, huh? But did it have to be oysters and those luscious hot-spiced crabs that I loved so much too?

Jenn said...

Debo took the words out of my mouth.

Unknown said...

A blurry picture of a smiling oyster shucker as the ONLY memento of a trip to New Orleans? Sounds about right to me! I'm usually too busy drinking and eating to take pictures, then I'm too drunk and full to remember that I HAVE a camera with me.

Good job.