Thursday, July 15, 2010

Multiple Expletives Deleted

As the result of the incompetence of AT&T, I'm sitting at my dining room table, typing this on my laptop, rather than working.

I have been working, just inefficiently, because I'm doing it at home, where I'm constantly finding that I forgot to bring something home that I need to do what I want to do. Where I don't have a printer and have to toggle constantly between pages. And so on and so on.

AT&T sucks. The office internet has been out since about 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday. It was "scheduled" to be restored yesterday at 2:12 p.m.. Don't you love the precision?

I went in this morning, no Internet. The person I finally got to after about ten minutes of automated hell read to me, in a positive tone, that restoration had been ten tonight but it was moved up to five this afternoon. Why is it out. "They" haven't said. Who's "they?" The field repair people. How do I reach them to find out? You can't. I did several loops of that sort of back and forth and quit.

The office manager looked into getting cable Internet. (I know, trading one uncaring monopoly for another.) We can, early next year, if they lay the cables on schedule.

Now I'm going to go back to trying to find some part of my job that I can do without what I don't have at home.

No comments: