Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Most Beautiful Place On Earth

Well, probably not, unless you play golf or love the game:

http://www.masters.org/en_US/index.html

The link will take you to the main page of the Masters Tournament website. There you will see a live shot of Amen Corner, the 11th, 12th and 13th holes at Augusta National.

This time of year I wish that I were a ridiculously rich old guy (the noveau riche and any kind of woman need not apply) so that I could be a member, wear a green jacket and wander around this place. I wouldn't wear one of the floppy hats they favor though, they make me look too much like Gilligan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even need Augusta...just something nice and lush, like the courses you are routinely spoiled with down there. Not that we don't have some nice ones, but I'd like something flat and tree-lined, like the ones I see on TV. Once the snow melts here (hopefully in the next day or two) the tarps will come off, and we should be open by the 19th.

Dave said...

Bob, the temperature here as I type is 38 with a windchill of 29. Sunday morning may go into the mid-twenties. Highs on the weekend in the mid-fifties.