Monday, November 12, 2007

I Missed It

"It" being the 10,000th visitor to the site. It happened last month sometime. I'm over 17,000 page hits. Missed that too.

Though I've neglected the blog lately, I'm still clicking along at an average of 35 visits a day. I've only done five posts this month, six with this one. If I keep up this lack of production, it will be my lowest output since March. And still people visit.

I guess I understand, as I surf the people I read even when they haven't put something out in awhile.

So, I promise to think about posting more often, and maybe even doing it. This post is the second in two days. I'm on my way.

"We thank you for your support." (Bonus points if you can tell me where the quote comes from.

9 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Bartles & Jaymes commercials from the 80's.

What do I win?

Dave said...

As stated, Pos, bonus points. I'm keeping track, you now have two.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Cool.

Is there a contest terms and conditions page that lists where I can redeem my bonus points?

Dave said...

I was posted at the S & H Greenstamps front counter. We had contracted with them for something called fulfillment services; however recent attempts to contact them have been unavailing.

Customer service is important to us and our full resources are tasked to find a replacement for this important service. We are currently gearing up to form an exploratory committee on the advisability of constituting a focus group to consider the question of whether to continue posting the T&C's at the front counter of what we have learned is a boarded up store front somewhere in the Midwest.

Hedy said...

I guessed Bartles & Jaymes before looking at the answer. Anything for second place among us old farts?

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

H -- I'll give you one of my bonus points, as it sounds from Dave's description as though you're in a better position to redeem them than I am.

Dave said...

Boy and girl, I realize that one could infer from the phrase "bonus point" that there is a prize involved. But, that is an inference, not an actuality.

My best advice is to keep accruing points, it may lead to something. It won't be a "Best something or other with a nice little rectangle to put on your blog.

That girl said...

I`d have never known what that was from.

I didn`t realize how many people took `time off` in the last month, me included.

I am now back, happily reading you again.

Michelle

The Exception said...

Perhaps the secret to blog popularity is taking a break - something I have not done! Hum... I might have to try it.

Congratuations by the way. I remember those comercials!