Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Totally Wasted Day, Part Two

The second part of the day was more active.

1. Go to Radio Shack to get an audio out extension cable for the laptop so I can get better speaker separation. It works just fine, at a dollar a foot!

2. While there find a deal on little baby MagLite flashlights. I'm happy and couple of friends (not you Rick, I already have yours) will be come Christmas, they fit in your pocket and throw a good light.

3. Stop at the office, check mail from yesterday. Pick up the latest movie from Netflix.

4. Einstein Bros. Bagels. Onion, cream cheese, tomato, onion, capers and Nova.

5. Meet friends, have a couple of beers and watch about half of the Falcons being decimated by Tampa Bay.

6. Install extension cable.

7. Watch Syriana, George Clooney's oil conspiracy movie from a couple of years ago. Not recommended.

8. Type this.

As to Pos's question in a comment to the earlier post, 91.9 is owned and operated by Clark Atlanta University, one of Atlanta's several black universities. It plays about every kind of jazz there is. Though this morning it was mostly gospel, it being Sunday and this being the South. The only kind of jazz I don't like is when it gets too atonal. I want some melody. All the players you mention are great; but, I'm not enough of an aficionado to know who I'm listening to unless I'm told. I'm more of a blues fan; but, there too, I just listen, for the most part not knowing who's doing what.

Rather than a third post today, here's the plan for the evening:

1. Dinner: sauteed tilapia, rice with some green beans, butter and soy mixed in. If I'm adventurous when I get off the couch, cherry pie - but I'll have to pull it out of the freezer, pre-heat the oven and all that.

2. Washer/dryer operation.

3. Probably some streaming movie from Netflix.

Oh, and it's finally cold here as cold here goes. The furnace has already come on and it may hit the high twenties over night. I hope your evening is at least as productive as I plan mine to be.

5 comments:

That girl said...

it all sounded so good, until you tossed the soy in. That's where you lost me.

Over here, I'm working hard to get everyone's lunch made for tomorrow, and scramble to get laundry and dishes done before the next Law n' Order starts.

Productive, indeed :-)

Michelle

SonjaB said...

We made it to the grocery store

Jeni said...

And here it is 4:26 a.m., the grandson is up and howling (so I'm up with him, ya know) and it just dawned on me that I forgot to post the Bushisms for the coming week. Oh well, the week's worth starts with Monday so guess I'm not ALL that late am I?

Debo Blue said...

Sometimes the best part of life is relaxing and thinking nothing more strenuous but separating the whites from the colours.

I'm behaving, really I am:-)

Ripple said...

So, what you're saying is that you're just as bored as all the rest of us?