Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Try These Blogs

I haven't done a newly recommended post in a long time. So, here it is.

There's Never A Line For The Men's Room

It usually has short and pithy posts. Sometimes just a picture with a point. Wry humor.

The Exception

Washington, D.C. area woman with a rising career and a daughter. Some nice writing.

In It But Not Of It

Written by a non-practicing lawyer. He and a friend wrote a blog when they were in law school. He's been on his own for the past year. Not someone you'd want working for you; but, his posts about his exploits working for his now past-employer are cynical, but funny.

If I Had A Million Dollars

Written by Molly Gras. Her husband, Pos writes a blog too, Niagaran Pebbles, see sidebar. Her downfall, she has a life, job and family and doesn't post as often as she should.

So, what are you waiting for? Go.

9 comments:

molly gras said...

Awww shucks, Dave, I'm so honored. And I'm rather glad you preempted my erratic posting with such a lovely listing of my reality.

But to update that list you should have included the dog. He's currently in danger of getting put on Craig's list.

I just need a good night's sleep to rethink that particular threat.

Regardless of my self-induced psychosis, thanks for the mention pal :)

dr sardonicus said...

Sounds good - I trust your judgment. Right now, I'm having a hard time getting around to the blogs I regularly read, let alone any new ones.

fermicat said...

Thanks, dave. That is all I need - to get addicted to more blogs. ;-)

mike said...

"Not someone you'd want working for you"

Oh come on now, I bring a lot to the table. I do a decent job, I can converse on a wide number of topics, I'm always willing to deal with the assholes no one else wants to deal with, and I smell nice. At some places, that gets you employee of the month.

molly gras said...

Hey Dave,
Mike there says he smells nice. And with you being so awfully busy, and all, surely you could use the estimable extra help. Besides, this guys gunnin' for employee of the month -- a real go getter.

Now if only this guy could improve his level of nutrition and hydration ...

;)

Miss Awesome said...

Really? How freakin awesome are you?

Yup that was rhetorical...because you are probably well aware of how awesome you are.

Thanks for the listing. :)-

Dave said...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Blogger is letting me down. For some reason I didn't get these comments via Email until BMP just now.

Molly, Max will grow up. In the mean time, box him into vinyl flooring.

Doc, For everything, there is a season.

Fermi, Johnson, whatcha think?

Mike, I'm not sure how you knew I recommended you, given that you don't have comments and I can't applaud your posts; but, thanks for stopping by. I should rephrase my recommendation by saying that you are decidedly underemployed.

BMP, you need to get to know me better. Awsome is descriptive on one of only thousands of days; but, thanks.

The Exception said...

Hey... thanks for the "shout out." It was a nice surprise!

If you are ever in DC - I have a place for you that is all about hot dogs!! Supposedly, they are a DC claim to fame.

(Oh, and you forgot to mention that I am... sexy too! ) ;)

Dave said...

Exception, it's good to know that you're sexy. I think I've seen or read about your D.C. hot dog place. Next installment in the hot dog series is LA, once I get around to being in the mood.