Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here's A New Pitch

I just powered up the Dell laptop. I got a popup, not identified as from Dell, that told me that my battery may be “nearing the end of its useful life.” It gave me the handy option to click a button and buy another battery. Now I'm wishing I'd clicked it and confirmed that Dell had planted a little ad in the software, rather than clicking "don't show me this [garbage] again."

The computer is just over a year old. I’ve used the battery, rather than the power cable, maybe ten times.

Just how stupid does Dell think I am?

2 comments:

fermicat said...

"Pretty stupid" is probably what they are thinking. That message was almost certainly put there by Dell.

I'd like to have an extra battery for my laptop (found this out the hard way, on coast-to-coast airplane trips). But it is four years old now and I don't think it is worth the investment. Maybe I will get an extra with my next laptop, if battery life hasn't improved. I can barely get through one movie on DVD with this one.

Gypsy at Heart said...

obviously, some.