Tuesday, February 13, 2007

DHL Denouement

In our last episode DHL was making a heroic effort to find and deliver the package.

Yesterday, I got an Email from Sharon in "Key Accounts" responding to an Email I sent last Friday. She asked me to reply if the package wasn't delivered yesterday.

It was not and I told her so.

Today, just before 11:00 a.m. the wayward package arrived. It had a bright red sticker that said "Bldg.1." The box was a bit mangled and looked to have been opened. The packing list that the box said was inside was not there. The wireless router was. I think I'll leave well enough alone.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

These three posts have made me triply glad that I chose the "pick up at store" delivery method for my new wireless card. I got it a few hours after ordering it.

Ryan said...

I feel bad for you. I had a two day go'round with DHL not that long ago. They lost a very large shipment in Canada.

After two days of phone calls and tracking - one of the people finally told me the reason I was getting different answers from every DHL office was because everyone was using "different resources".

It's actually a pretty diverse statement. Before when someone would ask me a question I didn't know the answer to, I would simply reply back "The answer is 7". Now I have a much much better line.