Friday, October 12, 2007

This Post is Guaranteed to Lead to Authority, Page Rank and the Riches of the Kingdom

The promise made in the title is void where prohibited by law, which is pretty much everywhere.

Fermi at Cosmic Cat has done a post that gives us her three favorite posts. She was tagged by Tiff, who’d been tagged by a number of people leading back to the originator of this thing. And he would be Bobby.

So, I’m to give you three of my posts that I like, link to Fermi and her predecessors back to Adam, I mean Bobby. I got confused and started begating. That part of this exercise leads to links that are said to be a good thing in the blogosphere. They are, in a way. If a lot of people put a link to your place, you move up in the ranks at places like Technorati, IceRocket and Google.

Jeni at Down River Drivel put me into one of these things going on a month ago and it drove up my rankings on the mentioned sites about two-fold. The funny thing? Visitors and page views and comments didn’t skyrocket.

So, that isn’t the driving force for me.

What is interesting about the idea is spreading the sites of people that can write stuff that I like to read. In my case, if Fermi says something is good, my bet is that it’s good. Since someone thought Fermi was good and put her into this chain, my bet again is that that person is good. I haven’t gone back yet; but, Bobby, you any good?

I like reading stuff. Here’s some stuff to read if you are interested, with my three chosen posts from the archive at the end:

Revellian dot com - SEO Keywords For Beginners, Content: The Kings Illegitimate Stepchild, Tales of Blogger-X Illusion

Mariuca - Wishing On A Falling Star - Love In Disarray, In Love With A Dream, The Good Client

Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery - Perfume Shopping Spree, Defining Beauty, In Full Splendour

Speedcat Hollydale Page - Rocket Boy in Hawaii - DC9, Speedcat’s Death Ride into Terror!, The Boy Inside All Men

Terri Terri Quite Contrary - Just How Immature Are We?, Finding a Voice, So Much More to See than the Game

Mahala- Uncle Huberts Custom Cows, Pray for the Child at Big Lots, The Legend of Saushie's Crotch

Tiff - How am I like Ron Weasley, A Social Experiment, Absolutely Boring Entry 101

Cosmic Cat - Just An Ordinary Thursday Night..., Not Gone With The Wind. Just Gone., The "Weekly Thoughtful Reminder" And Other Hazards Of Working

Field Lines - Even MIT Girls Get the Blues, Bye Bye, Friend, Bad Hair Day

Me: Tryptophan and Thanksgiving Walls and History The More Things Change

OK, I have to go look, as I think there are more rules to this thing. Yeah, there’s more but I’m not going to burden you with it.

I’m supposed to tag three more, or is it four or five? Since my purpose is to direct you to people that write good, check out my comments and the Recommended sidebar. As to tags, here’s to you Hedy, Becky, Ryan and Jim. Hit me with your best stuff.

(Management is not responsible for bad links. Maybe it is due to its lack of computer skill; but, it does not care and it will not respond to complaints.)

6 comments:

fermicat said...

I like your choices and enjoyed reading them. I've added your selections to my post in case other readers stop in and click my links.

If you leave a comment on Bobby's SEO meme post, he will find you and add your stuff to his list.

dr sardonicus said...

Good stuff. I was surprised to find out that our ideas for dealing with immigration are somewhat similar.

My idea is basically to build several Ellis Island - type compounds along the border and hold them for 48-72 hours (however long it takes for a thorough background check). Give the ones who pass their green cards, with the stipulation that they have one year to start becoming American citizens. Then, establish a set of benchmarks toward those goals and require regular check-ins with the INS so those goals are met. Failure to check in means immediate revocation of green card. Anyone not following the rules is deported and never allowed back again, with names and fingerprints going into a database. Any immigrant not willing to follow those simple rules spends a minimum of one year in a Yankee prison for first offense.

I haven't posted on this at my place yet - I'm still working it out. That's a start, though.

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

Wow...I've got my reading cut out for me!

Can't wait to get started.

By the way, I've switched URL's. My new adress is on my old blog.

Hedy said...

Hey Dave! Thanks for including me in this...although somehow I'd think this whole thing would be more fun if our readers picked our best stuff. But here goes. A good project for this cold gray Chicago weekend. :)

Dave said...

Doc, Yours, mine, any rational system to protect against criminals and terrorists and regulate immigration so as to know who comes in and what they are doing, would be a huge improvement over what we are not doing now.

Hedy, and less work.

fermicat said...

hedy - I know some bloggers that did let their readers choose, so that is not out of the question. That is how Tiff handled it.