Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Movie Review

RTW News Service, Atlanta.

You choose, who’s the better singer, Bobby Darin or Kevin Spacey?

I just finished watching “Beyond the Sea,” a movie directed by and starring Kevin Spacey from 2004. If you like the second clip, rent the movie. Some great acting by Spacey, Kate Bosworth, John Goodman, Bob Hoskins and others. A very broadly interpreted biography of Bobby Darin, complete with Spacey singing many of Darin’s songs, production numbers, flashbacks and dream sequences.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Cool! I don't think I've ever heard Kevin Spacey sing - but Bobby Darin? Oh my! Now there'd be some music that would take me back more years than I care to think about. Sounds like a good movie. Will have to check that one out.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

how many stars?

I had this in my Netflix queue, but decided that I had seen enough biopics for a while...

Walk the Line
Ray

Umm, I know I saw others... Just don't remember them now.

Dave said...

Jeni, we listened to it when we were wee tiny kids.

Pos, Ray was good, and I haven't seen Walk the Line, though I heard it was good.

It may be time to get Netflix again. I had it for about six months, about a year an a half ago. Right before they announced that they slowed down people that watched the movies too quickly. B(&^^*S.

I've been TiVoing a lot of stuff lately. Later tonight, I think I'm going to watch a middish eighties feel good stupid movie, Foot Loose. I love the scenes with the big football player learning to dance and then being the star at the prom. And the early "CGI" confetti.

Jeni said...

Yeah -wee tiny kids is soooo right. Probably was the last time I was "tiny."