Thursday, November 22, 2007

What Thanksgiving Is All About

For your Thanksgiving pleasure, a small gift from the Seventies:

"It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! …. Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

That was Les Nessman

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!"

They mounted a counter attack

10 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Dave.

Dave said...

Thanks Doc. May the WKRP Thanksgiving spirit be with you in Nashville.

molly gras said...

That was fantastic! Thanks so much for that 'way-back' memory.

Happy Turkey Day!

Debo Blue said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Dave!

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

I remember when this episode first aired. I laughed my ass off then and laughed my significantly older ass off now. Granted this time took longer given that I have much more ass to laugh off but that only made it more enjoyable.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ripple said...

I hope your having a nice Thanksgiving.

Jeni said...

That has to be one of the best clips from that show - also one of the best (in my opinion, for whatever that's worth) tv sitcoms in history! Loved WKRP and I remember that show all too well. Along with the one where they were all trapped in the elevator and Johnny was going to go down the shaft to get them help. In his attempt, he discovered there was no need for the long rope, etc and his classic line was "Tarzan no need rope." My daughter and I often use that old line today whenever little goofy things crop up and then we both break out into peals of laughter! Thanks for the memory there and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving with lots and lots to be thankful for too!

Hedy said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Dave!

fermicat said...

PDM and I just had a nice laugh. Thanks for posting.

I'm back from my two T-week trips and life has kinda sorta settled down, so I hope to get back to making regular blog rounds. I've been lurking and reading, just not commenting.

Now it is almost time to go tailgating. I'll need to drink heavily to steel myself for the inevitable...

SonjaB said...

Hope you had a great day too. My mashies did not have lumps because my FIL made them. But it was still a good meal.

This was the best Thanksgiving post ever. I love that episode of WKRP.

As God as my witness....