Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's the End of the World, As We Know It

I have it on good authority that Microsoft actually has at least one person who talks to those people that buy, rather license, its products,. That same person also sends the said same people Emails.

If I remember correctly, the person is a guy and his name is B.J.

A friend just told me that he was having a conflict with IE, Bellsouth (AT&T) and Norton when reconfiguring his Email account. He couldn’t make it work and called Bellsouth. Having worked through the limit of Bellsouth’s knowledge, the rep told him that he was going to conference in a Microsoft person. The line went dead. A couple of minutes later B.J. came on. My friend asked him who he was. He replied that he was with Microsoft technical services, or something of the sort.

“Am I being charged for this?”

“No, you were sent from Bellsouth, there’s no charge.”

B.J. fixed the problem.

I trust my friend, he’s an honest person. He might embellish now and again; but, he passed my cross examination. He at least believes he talked to a person that purported to work for the Evil Empire. He said he is going to forward the two Emails he got from B.J.

He is the only person in the world that, unless he was momentarily delusional, has to my knowledge, ever talked to someone at Microsoft about a problem with one of their products; and, if that wasn't strange enough, had the problem solved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Au contraire, mon frere!

I personally spoke to a very nice man in India for about three hours when Office 2007 went wonky. He got it fixed, and there was no charge. And I learned a lot about house prices, wages and the general cost of living in India.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

so there's this guy flying an airplane in the general vicinity of Washington state, but his instruments are malfunctioning, so he gets on the radio.

"Is there anyone out there?" he asks frantically.

A little static crackles, then "Yeah, I'm here."

Overjoyed, he yells into the mike "I'm trying to find the Redmond local airport, but I'm lost. Can you tell me where I am?"

"Absolutely. You're in an airplane."

"----"

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"You work for Microsoft, don't you?"

"How'd you know that?"

"When I asked you a question of the utmost importance, you responded with a technically accurate, yet completely unhelpful answer."

Jeni said...

Woo hoo - ok, two wise cracks back at your post - both good ones too. But I gotta say this -today has to be a day to go on the calendar as historic then with respect to your blogs. First the day off and golf game, then this absolutely incredible story about Microsoft! Where will it all end?
I'd like to see it end with a conference call between Blogger and Microsoft, the Blogger and Firefox -and maybe, somehow, get the glitches worked out between the three entities there so I (and lots and lots of others too) could click into comments and actually have them open on the first click and be accepted too without getting lost in cyberspace. Yeah, I know -I do have some wild, very vivid dreams don't I? Well, what do you expect since I don't have golf to use for my fantasy world.

Ron Davison said...

You cynic! I saw a picture of someone being helped by Microsoft tech support. I'm pretty sure it was on their website.