Friday, March 14, 2008

New AV - The Final Post

When last I reported to you, everything with the new HD satellite and TV was working fine, with two exceptions.

The first, that the receiver would not talk to the computer so as to allow it to talk to the Internet so as to allow it to do whatever it is that it wants to do, still isn’t fixed. But no one at the satellite company knows how to make it work. My current plan is to ignore it.

The second exception was that the DVD player in the home theater would send audio to its speakers but wouldn’t send video to the TV. After much messing around, I found the problem – the installer had hooked the audio out on the home theater to the satellite receiver which would then require a connection from the receiver to the TV, something that wasn't there. I hooked it to the TV and it works fine. Standard definition DVD’s look great on the screen.

That’s it, two weeks have passed, and I’m ready to go on with my life.

No comments: