Friday, August 15, 2008

Well Done

A while back I did a post about Five Guys, the hamburger chain. Much not to like there, to my mind. Pos, not taking my advice, put visiting it on his to-do list. He was able to check it off yesterday. Maybe next time he'll listen to me.

This is next time; and, at the risk of insulting Pos's hometown expertise, I'm going to wax poetically about the Jersey Mike's Big Kahuna Giant hoagie. The link will take you the Jersey Mike's Menu (do not click on the Nutritional Information icon, it will take away some of the pleasure you seek).

Jersey Mike's, as is evident from its name, can't claim Philly origins. But, it puts out some great subs, king among them - the Big Kahuna Giant. Something over a foot long and stuffed with steak, mushrooms, onions, cheese and peppers, wrapped in foil, if you get it to go. Good, good stuff. (This sub of beauty provides four, count 'm, four servings according to the nutritional info you shouldn't look at; so, don't feel too guilty. (That being the case, I'm not sure why they cut it in half rather than quarters.))

Not much poetry there. Try the sub, it'll sing to you.

4 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Oddly, the nearest Jersey Mike's is significantly further away from me than the nearest Five Guys.

Given how long it took me to get to Five Guys, I wouldn't hold your breath about getting a Jersey Mike's review anytime soon.

Dave said...

I'm sure it's not Pat's or the other one; but, if you're near, give it a try. I'm about to indulge in the second half of my Giant from last night, adding some baked fries and a half cucumber, that will go bad by the weekend, for good health.

fermicat said...

That sub sounds yummy, and not just because I am hungry. PDM is at Mellow Mushroom picking up our Friday night pizza as I type (this task invariably involves drinking a beer while waiting, which is why he never seems to mind doing the errand).

Dave said...

Study Fermi!