Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Hate Politics

As you know, I'm not a member of a political party. Were I to join one, it would probably be the Democrats.

I just watched a video played at the Republican convention that was a tribute to a Navy Seal who dropped himself on a grenade, killing himself and saving two of his team members. Gripping. He is a hero. The video said nothing about Michael Monsour's politics. Some guy named Swindle just thanked him for his sacrifice, a member of his family is apparently a Republican and was there to receive the thanks.

What does this have to do with who should be the next President?

2 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

Dave, why do you torture yourself?

Jeni said...

Well Dave, don't you know that only Republicans have the qualities to be heroes? War makes heroes too ya know. Doesn't it? Heroes make excellent politicians too, don't they all? Yeah, right! In a pig's eye. Just another ploy by the conservative faction to show the guts and glory they want to portray as being the big drawing card for war -regardless where, "popular" or not, although I fail to see the logic of people saying "popular war." Necessary - yes, at times, like WW2 and I suppose WW1 -Korea, don't think so, Vietnam, shouldn't have been ours and these war "issues" now should never have come about! JMHO ya know. Politics just seems to get grubbier and grubbier the older I get and wars all more senseless too as I age, very ungracefully -kind of like GWHB perhaps.