Friday, September 12, 2008

Me 'n Ike: Friday Morning Update

As I type, I SHOULD be getting in a taxi at the NO airport to my hotel. Rather, I'm sitting in my office as just as I boarded the plane this morning the pilot announced that the NO airport had no electricity.

Interestingly, all of the other airlines show as "on time," only AirTran has cancelled two flights, mine and another one at noon. I suspect, since there weren't many people on the flight that they are putting them all on a flight late this afternoon. Much more cost effective for AirTran ;and, much more inconvenient for the passengers.

On the bright side, I have six less hours during which to lose money.

3 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

I feel bad for you. All that discretionary income burning a hole in your pocket and no place to go.

And you probably have lots of work to do, too.

So I offer to help: Send ME the money you would have gambled away this weekend. Not only will this prevent you from having to endure the frustration and humiliation of losing the money at a table and/or machine, as an extra added bonus you'll be helping the environment by not flying.

I've even got a slogan: Go green. Give me your green instead.

molly gras said...

the curmudgeon's slogan made me laugh out loud!! And I'm thinking I may want to get in on that action!

And Dave, just admit that the real reason you're making ALL this effort to get on down to Nawlins' is because you want to eat good food and drink great booze.

Cheers to you (and here's hoping you win a boatload of cash!)

Dave said...

My charity for the weekend turned out to be making a relatively small donation to Harrah's hurricane repair costs.