Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Own Awards

This award may be short lived; but, I'm continually fascinated by what Sitemeter says people search for on Google that bring them to me. Two awards today.

The first and most recent search that found me, makes no sense:

"colander expands wireless Internet signal"

Yes, I used the word colander in a recent post. I've spoken of the Internet and wireless in posts. But not all three in the same post. I didn't bother to go and find out which post Google thought was relevant to the idiotic search query. Pictures of people sculpting tinfoil to their heads are flashing in my brain, though the colander I mentioned without describing it, was plastic.

My other award goes to the person that wanted to know "do iguanas eat frogs." I did a somewhat rambling post recently that started with a veterinarian and ended with Anheiser-Busch. In the middle it talks about frogs and iguanas. The person, though clicking on my blog spent no time there. So, to answer the question, yes, iguanas are frog predators, something actually set out in the post, based on real live Internet research.

Google, having bought DoubleClick, coupled with other things, is starting to worry me.

6 comments:

fermicat said...

The search terms are very entertaining. I've been getting some strange combinations as well. And a ton of people hitting my recent post on "wwilfing".

Pissed OFF Housewife said...

Hmmm...

I can tell you with all certainty that Iguanas do not fare well with too much pot in their system.

Other than that.

Dunno.

Dave said...

Hey POH,

Thanks for visiting. Perused your blog. Some good stuff.

Regards,

Dave.

Ryan said...

You could only imagine some of the strange googles that come to my blog.

"Catshit" brings them by the hundreds... I have vowed to not use that term ever again (on my blog).

Luckily, I can share the joy by including that search term in my comment placed here, and thus vaulting you to the top of the search list for "catshit" and other unimportant things that are connected to that term.

Your welcome Dave.

Anonymous said...

iguanas are frog predators

Well that put a crimp in my whole evening. ;-)

Dave said...

Kvatch,

You gotta get over this Anura thing. You are strong creatures.