Sunday, April 27, 2008

Old Men Are Often Stupid

Read this article from Slate.com. Then go to the link in the article to the list of Senators, including John McCain and both Georgia Senators, that voted against cloture on a bill that would extend the statute of limitations for sexual discrimination in the workplace beyond the current six months after the first act of alleged discrimination. And read their explanations. It’s 2008 and women have to put up with this shit.

I’d write more, but I’d get more angry and the article says what I’d say better.

4 comments:

Hedy said...

The only consolation we have is that in 20 years all these guys will (hopefully) be retired or dead and can't hurt us anymore. The people who say that racism and sexism are no longer a problem are completely delusional. I guess the worst of it is that I'm not all that surprised.

Wendy said...

Well, fear is a powerful emotion and I am sure the predominalty(sp)male Senators realize with money comes more power, and if women have more power we would completely take over the world. Maybe the only fault of women that wait to take action against a male counter part is she trusted him at all.(assuming the discrimination was from an individual not an entire corp.)

Minnesotablue said...

Yup, discrimination is still alive and well. Unfortunatly these cases are never heard by the larger public

Sonja's Mom said...

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm so angry I can't even comment. If I did, you wouldn't be able to print it.