Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Too Many Topics

My choices are,

Me being less than happy with MasterCard/BankAmerica.

Me winning the first bid protest I've had in a very long time.

A strange case I mentioned awhile back in a post that has gotten stranger.

My meeting a multi-millionare executive of a multi-national company that stopped in the neighborhood bar on his way to a local executive airport to hop a private jet to play a practice round tomorrow with un-named people at the Augusta National Colf Club. In the event you aren't familiar with the venue, check out the Golf Channel at any point next week.

A fascinating man.

I'll settle for telling you that I'm about ten minutes into the most depressing movie in the history of movies, and one of the best, Leaving Las Vegas.

Write to ya'll later.

8 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Ummmm. What's a bid protest?

Dave said...

Blogger ate a comment on my own blog. I'm tired and will answer tomorrow.

fermicat said...

I was going to ask the same thing.

If you are looking for votes, I'll pick the strange case getting stranger. Bring on the weird stuff!

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

From FedAccess.com: "A bid protest is a legal mechanism by which any 'interested party' may contest the procedure or outcome of a government contract award."

Dave said...

Defined better than I would have Pos. This one wasn't federal. It was a regional rail authority in Tennessee that awarded a contract to a low bidder that had not fully responded to a bid solicitation. I was able to get all of the bids thrown out with a rebid of the project. My client was the second low bidder.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Google is pretty helpful when looking for definitions.

If we're voting, I like "strange" and/or "fascinating", followed by "mastercard/bankamerika" or whetever the details were.

molly gras said...

Leaving Las Vegas, Dave?! After your Biloxi whirlwind, you'd willing submit yourself to that cinematic hell?!

*tsk *tsk

After having seen a movie like that, Pos is VERY careful to suggest another movie to watch with me.

Lifehiker said...

It's strange but true. Some big executives are really talented, interesting, and effective. You must have met one of them.

Of course, there are many more who are greedy, conniving ass-kissers or power freaks. Apparently the late CEO of now-floundering Merrill Lynch was one of those, or at least The New Yorker used about 10 pages to try and prove it. He, too, was a heavy golfer.

The question is, which guy is more likely to "adjust his lie" before making his golf shot. That little move tells me a lot about character.