Friday, July 10, 2009

Something different than the last couple of days

I was driving home and not listening, kind of listening, to the radio. A commercial for DirecTv came on telling me it was a much better deal than Comcast. Yes it is; but, I don't have a sight line, so no deal.

At the end the announcer did the quick speak words. You know, "offer limited to new customers for six or three months, or maybe a year. Only valid with a X year commitment.................................................."

Is there some law that says they have to say the fine print?

I know they want to say it fast so as to not pay too much for the ad. Same deal with the stuff that no one reads on the TV ads at the bottom of the screen at the very end of the ad that tells you that the object you just saw in the ad actually costs a couple of thousand dollars more than the price they repeated five times in the ad.

Everyone knows that the "offer" is not the real offer. There must be some law that makes them do this silly stuff; but, I'm not looking it up - no pay, no work.

1 comment:

Tressa bailey said...

Hi...been following you for a while but the apple v pc thing is holding my attention.

Definitely not switching now! I get annoyed with MS constant updates and upgrades...but the thought of relearning another system is not appealing at all.

Best of luck to you!