Friday, September 19, 2008

Home

The new one, that’s where I’m at. It’s been an interesting and long day.

I was up at six. Movers were scheduled for nine. Twenty after, I get a call from the dispatcher telling me that my third mover had an emergency and they were getting another guy, they’d be there “shortly.” It gets worse much worse, I’ll cut it short with, they got there at eleven, minus the third guy.

The two guys worked their asses off and did a great job.

The new furniture came at the exact time promised and looks pretty good.

DirecTV – I’ll not be enjoying it, as I can only get standard definition on the satellite I have a clear sight line to. I have to go with the dreaded Comcast.

So, cell reception here is bad, bad, bad. One or two bars on the cell phone. Edge on the wireless internet rather than 3G. I suspect this is purposeful, as I just spent thirty bucks for a month of high speed wireless though the “community” system. I may have to get the dreaded Comcast internet, though it is fast.

There’s no reception on broadcast TV, though that may be my fault, I’m not real good at hooking up electronics. So I’m listening to steaming internet, KZPS in Dallas, pretty good classic rock and Texas stuff. I won’t tell you how long it took to hook up the two little bookend speakers to the laptop so the sound is OK.

Finally, anyone know what goes in the “low humidity” and “high humidity” boxes at the bottom of a fridge? My old one had vegetable and meat bins.

7 comments:

SonjaB said...

Totally off the subject here, but have you ever eaten at Dave & Busters in Duluth?

fermicat said...

No clear view of a satellite and no cell reception? Did you move in next to me? We use Comcrap for TV and internet. Most of the time, it all works fine.

Moving rarely goes smoothly. All's well that ends well.

Those low and high humidity boxes are to keep various fruits and veggies in their happy place. Some need humidity. Others not so much.

Happy housewarming!

Wendy said...

I think I missed something.

Where did you move....?
Did you stay in the same State?
City?
Did you purchase a new home?
o.k. all a little nosey but I am asking questions we all want to know. Unless, they already know from a prevs. blog and I just missed it...

Dave said...

Sonja,

Nope, though I've driven by it.

Fermi and Wendy,

I moved about two miles down the road (N. Druid Hills). I'm now closer to Toco Hills than Brookhaven (to all but Fermi - people in Atlanta describe where they live by area, Brookhaven, Buckhead, Lenox, Dunwoody, etc.). The new place is in a nicer area, is a bit bigger and very quiet.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Also feeling a bit nosy, but know that you'll ignore questions you don't feel like answering...

Why did you move? I thought the swedish bikini team lived next door or something.

Are you buying or renting?

Do you really look like Billy Bob Thornton? Do you sound like hum too? Or do you have a Michigander accent - not that I would know what that would sound like...

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

of course, in my previous comment, when I said "hum" I expect you to read "him"

I'm on the family pc, not my laptop and I hate this keyboard. It feels all wrong and I keep making mistakes. Some of which I notice and correct.

Dave said...

For the rest of you, Pos and I are cross blogging. If you want the full impact of his comments, you need to wander over to his place, read the post I commented about (he looks like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, or someone) and then come back here.

I should do a word search on the blog as I vaguely remember the SBT being mentioned. They moved months ago.

I do get comments from strangers about BBT. There is some resemblance facially; but, I've also been told I look like Rudy Guliani, which is totally stupid.

I have no idea what I sound like after having lived in Dearborn Hgts. (MI), Copemish (MI), Ann Arbor, Nebraska, Minnesota, Livonia (MI), West Virginia, Ohio, Miami and Atlanta. I do say "ya'll," though I tend to mimic whomever I'm talking to.