Sunday, October 26, 2008

IKEA Saga Continued

So, last night I had the damned bed mostly put together by way of looking at the tiny pictures with no words. Next step was to put in the center support. No center support.

I also didn't buy the slats because I figured that I could use the base from the old frame. Wrong. The old base is about an inch too wide.

So today I went back to IKEA and paid another ten bucks for the center support. The nice lady I talked to about my troubles laughed and said shopping at IKEA "can be a challenge." Now I have to go to Home Depot or Lowes and have them cut a 1" thick piece of particle board to 60.5" x 79 " and then cut the long dimension into four pieces so it's easy to carry.

Then I'll be done and can quit sleeping on a mattress on the floor reliving my college years.

Oh, then I have to find a TV stand that is about 18 inches high and no more than 34 inches wide. No one seems to make one. This will never end.

6 comments:

Keith said...

Good times brother, good times. I answered your comment over on my blog. I did take the highway, I am just answering some posts that were directed at me on another blog, that's all.

It's all good man!

Glad to hear that you're getting settled into your new pad.

Peace!

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90086669

It's ugly, but it is more or less within your dimensional requirements...

Dave said...

Good to hear you're good Keith.

Pos, I'll check it out, but it's probably what I tried to buy that "was in" Aisle 30, Bin 20, that wasn't there.

Dave said...

Pos, thanks, I checked. Wrong color and not in stock in Atlanta - I was willing to paint to the right color.

Dave said...

And yes, it's ugly.

Jenn said...

OMG you are having a time... wow... um.. don't like... do anything that requires motion in that thing... snap crack.. plop.. mood ruiner.

is there something wrong with plopping the darn TV down on a nice sturdy coffee table?