Friday, January 15, 2010

And on Friday, disappointment ensued



Those are my golf clubs in the lower left corner of the picture. The brown stuff is dormant grass (and mud) on the driving range. To the left, out of the picture, is the golf course. The golf course which is still frozen.

It was about fifty degrees when the picture was taken, just after I was told they wouldn't be opening the course today. It's now fifty-three. The high may reach sixty.

As a consolation prize, I hit a small bucket of balls. I only shanked two shots (I'm not counting the duck hook - I'm rationalizing that had I hit it on the course, it would have been on the 14th hole that has a large bailout area to the left).

For good luck, I made a tee time for a week from tomorrow at noon. I know God's busy and all; but, come on.

4 comments:

fermicat said...

It could be worse. I'm still stuck at work.

Not sure how what is basically a big lawn in the sun could still be frozen, but the shady part of my driveway still has ice on it.

Dave said...

The problem is the putting surface, frozen just below the grass. Walking on it will damage the roots.

Anonymous said...

Pat Robertson told me that in 1791 a Georgia boy took the name of the lord in vain, and that's why you weren't able to play golf this week. It makes perfect sense, if you think about it.

Dave said...

Pat never walked the grounds at Augusta National. Were he to have, he'd actually know God.