Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day Three, Aftermath

We won all the big stuff. Lost more on the small stuff than I thought we should. We have what looks like a decent appeal issue on part of it.

If anyone read Big Rick’s comment on yesterday’s post, we met for a post trial conference and talked about a bunch of things, none of which we have any influence over. I also talked with another friend more than I usually do and enjoyed it.

I’m now quite comfortable, surfing and catching up on blogs, listening to, but not watching some PBS show about zombies and puffer fish (don’t ask me, I’m not paying a lot of attention) and mellowing.

I don’t have to get up at 5:00 a.m., that’s a good thing.

Sometime between now and Tuesday I’m going to do my last post on the election. I’m going to lay out why I’m going to vote the way I’m going to vote, I finally decided last night.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

Big stuff outweighs little stuff last time I checked.

I don't *have* to get up early tomorrow, but I am thinking of trying to show up thirty minutes before early voting starts in the morning to get in line. This would involve getting moving quite a bit earlier than usual (I normally arrive at work between 8:00 and 8:30). I stopped in at the polling placed in Tucker mid-morning today and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. I kept driving.

The Curmudgeon said...

I don't mind being on trial. In fact, I enjoy it.

What I hate is the run-up. The day before is awful.

But it sounds like you won a splendid victory, whether you lost more of the small stuff than you hoped or not -- if you got a six figure exposure whittled down to four.