Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is This Post a Cheap Shot or Does it Point out Telling Conduct?

More accurately, the first adjective in the title should be expensive.

Mavericks, barracudas, hockey moms, Joe Six-pack and Joe the Plumber supporters and their families are quite well dressed these days, paid for by the RNC. They and their families stay in really nice hotels and fly on airplanes on Alaska’s dime.

If you are interested in the specifics, Google Palin clothes and Palin travel.

The RNC says there are no problems because the $150K in clothes and sundries bought for the Governor, her husband and her kids are going to be donated to charity. They’re going to take away the $98 worth of stuff bought at a high-end baby store from the baby?

The campaign says that Alaska paying tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses for Palin’s kids and husband was proper because their participation was “official” after she wheedled such status from various program and conference sponsors.

I’ve done a post or two about Sarah Palin. But, I’ve laid off her for the most part because I saw her as a big fish in the kiddy pool dumped into the big boy’s and girl’s pool.

As time passes and she is “vetted” (I hate that word) it seems that she, her family and the people around her are nothing more than grifters.

Some of my conservative friends and readers rail on me for being naive in thinking that Obama can handle the Presidency. Dear friends, John McCain is an old guy with various health issues. Ya’ll want someone that doesn’t have W’s brains or even his low sense of honor taking over for McCain if he kicks off?

6 comments:

Hedy said...

I'm just trying to figure out which charity will benefit from all these high-end suits and shoes Palin purchased. I'm picturing some homeless person panhandling in Wasilla decked to the nines. Wait. In the 'real America' there are no homeless people. Thanks for writing this, Dave.

Sonja's Mom said...

In my entire life (and I am really old)I have never had $150k in clothing. This just shows how out of touch my party has become.

Jeni said...

The last paragraph Dave - WELL SAID! Far from being a cheap shot, for sure, but rather the plain, bold truth.
Now, maybe someone will read that and realize the real risk factors in voting for McCain/Palin.

Anonymous said...

She's always been rich. I'm not sure why the press suddenly seized on "$150,000 worth of clothes" after giving her a pass on being on the whole "being a multimillionaire" thing.

The more interesting thing to me is that the woman they say is qualified to step into the role of president apparently isn't even allowed to pick out her own clothes. Who is really in charge here?

Anonymous said...

The same kind of people who picked out Al Gore's clothes.

Image consultants work for every politician who is running on a high level, it doesn't make the candidates bad.

The candidates are not necessarily out of touch becasue they hire professionals to help them win. They are out of touch with "real America" becasue they do not live with us and have not for many yearws befoe they get to this point.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

I like the word "vetted" -- makes me sound smarter than I really am.