Thursday, October 23, 2008

Homebody

Fall has come to Atlanta. The leaves are starting to turn. Temperatures in the morning are in the mid forties. Highs are in the high sixties or low seventies.

Having moved, and finally having mostly unpacked, I’m finding myself a homebody.

I’ve always been appreciative of being alone. Not always, but often.

As I type, there’s some blues music playing. I’ve got a window open just a bit, it’s cool and I have a comforter over my legs on the couch.

So far, I’m procrastinating cooking, though I’m getting hungry. I’ve decided I want some sautéed egg noodles, so I’ve been surfing for a new recipe. So far, no luck as I don’t have the cream some of the recipes call for and the other recipes don’t improve on how I normally do noodles.

So the decision is, do I put a Netflix movie in and make something quick, or go make the noodles the way I usually do which requires some attention?

Either way, it’s a nice night in Atlanta.

No comments: