Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Computer Change Update

First, a nineteen inch screen is amazing. Now I want one that's bigger.

Second, Office 2000 works just fine.

Third, as I type, I hope that 30 gigs of data is still wending its way from the old machine to the new one over the crossover cable. I'd reached about five percent in twenty minutes when I left the office.

Fourth, the software for the scanner doesn't like Vista, or Vista doesn't like it. We will deal with the meet and greet again tomorrow.

Fifth, the printer, I haven't yet tried. We'll see.

Finally, the damn billing software has to be upgraded, to the tune of $200.

Nice screen though.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

Hope everything eventually works. I know what you mean about the screen. PDM said just last night "this screen is nice, but now I want a bigger one." Now I know what to get him for Christmas.

Jeni said...

When I went shopping back in late January for a new computer, first off, none of the computer supply stores here had any pc's for sale at that point in time -not until Feb 1st I believe was the intro date and then, none of the units came with anything BUT Vista, which I didn't want. So I went to a little computer shop near here and ordered a unit made to my specs with XP in it. The guy at the shop was shocked when I told him none of the shops in State College area had even a single PC on display, on sale at that time. Talk about being force fed the lovely new Vista, huh? Considering I'm still trying to figure this computer out with XP (coming from Windows 98)I'd really be in a pickle if I'd had to try to learn Vista.