Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Enroute

Today's the day the new computer comes. As I type, Fedex says it and its screen in a separate box, are wandering their way on a truck from Norcross As with all construction projects, and it is that, time and money have gone over budget. What started as a $400 price tag is now $760 given the need to get a data transfer cable and pay for an upgrade on my billing program so it works with Vista. My fingers are crossed that Office 2000 works with Vista, otherwise, the price tag will go up another $200. Oh, and the Maxtor (now Seagate) external hard drive is supposed to work with Vista, but the software that automatically backs up data won't. Seagate says Vista has a component that will do the same thing. We'll see.

Did you know that Dell's business division will let you buy a computer still loaded with XP? I'm thinking now I should have done that rather than succumb to the initial cheap price of the Vista computer.

2 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

I am pretty sure that Office 2000 works with Vista.

fermicat said...

I don't have Vista, and won't get it until (maybe) I buy a new computer than forces it on me. Or maybe I will cave to PDM's wishes and get a Mac. For now, the three-year-old notebook is working just fine. A little slow with stuff from my camera, but not unbearably so.