Monday, September 17, 2007

How Little Difference the Decades Make

Here we have a currently accused potential felon. He's learned something over the years, he has a bit of smile for his booking photo.

He didn't run off in a Bronco. He didn't put a gun to his head as police moved in on him. He told the media that he was conducting a private "sting operation" to get stuff he owned from a couple of memoribilia dealers.

Then someone leaked an audio tape. He uses some bad words and more importantly directs the other guys that went in to the room with him to do illegal things.





Here we have him in his first encounter with a booking photo, hadn't gotten the smile down at that point.
As most of you know, I'm a lawyer, and for the most part, not a conservative lawyer. I watched some of the trial back in the early Nineties and thought he did it.
Having listened to the new tape someone made of him....
l don't want to rush to judgment. But, I think he did it again.
Postnote: As you know my skills with format are poor. The Preview of this looks just fine for the text for the first and second pictures. I made a little attempt to fix the second bit of text to no avail. Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa. Maybe OJ should learn that cliche.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Actually Dave, I think your formatting skills are fine -I think its the program itself that goes a tad wacky here and there.
A couple of weeks back, I put up an article in which I added in a couple photos - had the text winding around the photos, etc. Prior to publishing that post, it looked fine in the compose mode. Published, it still turned out the way it was meant to -or fairly closely anyway -when viewed on IE, but on Mozilla (which so many bloggers often tout), it came up all skewed.
Aside from that though, I'm very inclined to go along with your logic on the subject of this post. I think he did it - both times - too.

Anonymous said...

I started to say they should put his picture next to "narcissism" in the dictionary- but then I realized he'd like that.

The Curmudgeon said...

At his murder trial, OJ was the beneficiary of an attempt by a rogue cop to frame a guilty man -- and the beneficiary also of a prosecution team that couldn't separate that junk out from the very strong case they had against him. But I don't do criminal law. And they all got book deals. Or TV gigs. Or both.

So what do I know?

Anonymous said...

I think that OJ has learned from the Tom DeLay School of a Positive Attitude.